Are you way better than BASIC?
We’re hiring! Here’s everything you need to know.
Junior Front End Developer
Full-time, WFH then Brighton-based. Flexible terms.
Salary £20,000 to £25,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
This is the perfect opportunity for an ambitious and enthusiastic Junior Developer with 1-2 years professional experience, to further their career in an exceptionally creative, successful and progressive Brighton-based design agency.
If you’re a digital thinker, innovator and doer looking to work for a purpose-led design agency in one of the UK’s most dynamic, creative and digitally ambitious cities, this one is for you.
Baxter & Bailey is a brand design agency. We’re a digitally focused, multi award-winning and ethically conscious team of eight. If you are motivated by the concept of design-for-good and have the relevant skills and experience – alongside being bright, meticulous, keen to learn and fun to work with – then we want to hear from you.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Supporting our full-time Digital Manager with coding on live project work
• Communicating daily with our Digital Manager on project progress, updates and challenges
• Contributing with smart thinking and ideas for live projects and project proposals
• Staying tuned in to the latest developments in the digital world and self initiate your own research and learning to solve problems and learn new skills
• Supporting the Digital Manager with project administration and research as requested and required
• Communicating and collaborating effectively with our Account Director and Design Director as part of a wider design team
• Professional and polite spoken and written communication with our team and our clients
A solid understanding of semantic HTML
Knowledge of CSS and CSS preprocessors (we use SASS)
Confidence in PHP
Excellent design interpretation abilities
WordPress theme development experience
An awareness of cross-browser development
Build tool configuration (NPM, Gulp, Webpack) and some familiarity with the command line
An awareness of W3C web standards, accessibility and performance and how your work affects these areas
Version control experience (GitHub/Bitbucket)
Skills and personal attributes
Passionate about the digital world
Committed to continued personal-development
Receptive to new ideas
Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
Confident in own ability but smart enough to request help when its needed
A strong eye for detail
Professional, punctual and polite
Good time-management skills. The post-holder needs to be able to work across several projects simultaneously
Good interpersonal skills and the ability to request support when appropriate
Good written and verbal communication skills with close attention to detail and accuracy being extremely important
Mac OS literate and experience in using iWork and Microsoft Office software suites
Want to know more?
You can find the full job specification here.
If you are interested in this opportunity please contact us expressing why you’d like to work with Baxter & Bailey to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 6pm on Tuesday 16th February 2021.