Baxter & Bailey strives to be a sustainable enterprise. We will advocate and communicate our commitment to sustainability in an intelligent and constructive manner.
Our sustainability policy is based upon the following principles:
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our company decisions.
- To minimise the impact on sustainability of all office and transportation activities.
- Commitment to evolve our Sustainability Policy and ensure it's embraced by our team.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy.
- To review our Sustainability Policy annually and continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
Travel and meetings
- Walk, cycle and/or use public transport to attend meetings.
- Think train before plane.
- Include the full costs of more sustainable forms of transport in our financial proposals.
- Where the only practical alternative is to fly, we will include costs for full air-fares rather than budget airlines in our financial proposals.
- Avoid physically traveling to meetings where alternatives are available and practical, e.g. teleconferencing, video/web conferencing and efficient scheduling of meetings to avoid multiple trips.
Purchase of equipment and consumption of resources
- Minimise our use of paper and other office consumables, e.g. double-siding all paper used, and identifying opportunities to reduce waste.
- As far as possible arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, computer supplies and redundant equipment.
- Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy efficient equipment and good housekeeping.
- Seek to purchase electricity from a supplier committed to renewable energy.
- Ensure that timber furniture, and any other timber products, are recycled or
from well-managed, sustainable sources and are Forest Stewardship Council
- Purchase fair-trade and/or organic food and beverages.
Working practices and advice to clients
- Undertake voluntary work or pro bono services with the local community.
- Ensure that any associates that we employ take account of sustainability issues in their advice to clients.
- Include a copy of our Sustainability Policy in all our proposals to clients.
Last updated: 1st March 2019
Baxter & Bailey. All rights reserved.
Download as PDF